- Two 1-oz. tubes of Neosporin, Bacitracin, or triple antibiotic ointment
- Thirty 3x3 sterile gauze pads
- Baby oil
- Medicated baby powder (such as Caldesene)
Note: for your convenience, the mohel can supply the post-brit supplies.
Caring for the Baby:
- Wash hands well with soap before pampering the baby.
- This bandage MUST be kept in place for at least 24 hours.? Should the bandage fall off prior to the 24-hour period, providing that there is no bleeding, please follow the instructions in Step 7 below.
- Diapers following the brit may be tinged red. This occurrence is normal and should not be a cause for concern.
- For the first 24 hours, double-diaper the baby at each diaper change, apply ointment to sterile gauze and place it on the penis. Do not remove the original
A Bris is a pinnacle celebration in Jewish life and a milestone event for your family. The feeling and emotion is captured in our photos of circumcision ceremonies performed by Israel Heller.
It's simpler than you think. Follow these detailed pointers and enjoy peace of mind knowing you haven't missed an important guideline for the sensitive care necessary as your baby heals.